What You Need
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup tahini or any nut butter (stirred)
- 5 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vegetable oil, plus more for greasing pan
- 2 tsp finishing coarse sea salt
- 2 tsp white sesame seeds or any chopped nuts you’d like
How to Make It
- Lightly grease a 9×9 rimmed baking pan with vegetable oil, set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter and marshmallow over medium heat, stir in cardamom and cinnamon. Once marshmallow mixture has melted and combined, quickly mix in nut butter and remove from heat. Immediately stir in rice cereal before the nut butter becomes firm. Pour mixture into the greased pan, and press down so there is an even layer, set aside.
- Using a double boiler or two pans stacked into each other, heat water to a full boil. Add chocolate chips and vegetable oil, and stir until melted completely. Remove from heat. Pour the chocolate sauce onto the rice crispy treats, spread with a spatula to evenly cover.
- Wait for the chocolate to just begin to set up before sprinkling with finishing sea salt, sesame seeds, or whatever nuts you’d like over the chocolate.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting, about three hours.