™Recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction
What You Need
- 1 and 2/3 cups (210g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick; 115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (200g) mini red and green M&Ms (or whatever festive colors you like!)
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. (Always recommended for cookies.) Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together until combined. Set aside.
In a large bowl using a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and the brown sugar together on high speed until completely smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat on high speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed to combine. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. Beat in the M&Ms.
- Roll cookie dough into very tiny balls, about 1 teaspoon of dough per cookie and arrange on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Slightly flatten each cookie with the back of a spoon if they didn’t spread much. While the cookies are still warm, I like to press a couple extra M&Ms into the tops. This is just for looks! Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies will stay fresh covered at room temperature for 1 week.