What You Need
- 1.5 oz Bourbon whiskey (not your best bottle)
- 3/4 oz Sweet vermouth (we use Punt E Mes)
- 1/2 oz Loon Liquors Lac Couer Coffee Liqueur or Du Nord Spirits Cafe Frieda
- 2-3 Dashes aromatic bitters
- Optional: Amarena or Maraschino cherry and three coffee beans (for health, happiness, and prosperity)
- Round-cut orange peel- flamed as a garnish
How To Make It
- Add a scoop of ice to a mixing glass, measure and pour spirits over ice, and then add bitters to taste. Stir with a cocktail spoon for 60 seconds.
- Once thoroughly chilled, strain into a coupe glass. Cut a quarter-sized orange peel being careful not to pierce the fruit. Hold 2 inches from glass rim, warm slightly with a match or lighter flame, squeeze the peel so that the oils spray through the flame and ignite. If using, add cherry and coffee beans.
- Sip and enjoy!