What You Need
For the Mint Chocolate Powder:
- 3/4 oz package fresh mint, stems removed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
For the beverage:
- ¾ cup coffee concentrate
- 1 teaspoon of mint chocolate powder
- ½ cup hot milk (or milk alternative)
How To Make It
Make the chocolate mint powder
- Wash mint well and discard any tough stems or blemished leaves.
- Add mint and sugar to the bowl of a food processor. Run until mint is pulverized and sugar has taken on a green hue.
- Add cocoa powder to food processor bowl and pulse a few times until combined. Place in a resealable container and refrigerate. It will keep for up to 2 weeks.
Make the coffee concentrate
- Brew coffee as you normally (any brewing method) would with half the amount of water. If using a pour-over or auto-drip machine, grind the coffee slightly finer if possible.
Make the Johnny Weir
- In a 10 oz mug, add 1 heaping tablespoon mint chocolate powder (or more to taste) and just enough coffee concentrate to cover. Stir until dissolved.
- Fill mug halfway with coffee concentrate and halfway with hot milk. Top with whipped cream or crushed chocolate cookies.
- If desired, add up to 1.5 oz brandy or 1 oz creme de cacao before you add the hot milk and stir to combine.