What You Need
- 1 tbsp whole cloves
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- fresh brewed cup of coffee
How To Make It
Make the orange clove syrup:
- Combine water, sugar, orange zest, and cloves in a saucepan. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain out cloves and orange zest with a fine mesh strainer or through a fine colander (orange may be kept for eating or juicing, but use it within 2 days).
- Refrigerate the strained syrup. It will keep for up to 2 weeks.
Make the Fireside Chat:
- Combine one 10 oz cup of Snowshoe Seasonal Blend brewed to taste and 1 tbsp orange clove syrup, finish with cream of choice, even whipped! If desired, add 1.5 oz gold rum, straight bourbon, or a quality sweet vermouth like Cocchi Torino.
Bonus: Make a Fireside Old Fashioned:
- Combine 2 oz bourbon (we like a high-proof whiskey like Old Grandad Bonded), 1/3 – 1/2 oz of orange clove syrup (depending on your sweetness preference), and a few dashes of aromatic bitters in a glass stirring jar filled with ice. Stir for 60 seconds. Strain and garnish with a strip of organic orange zest.