What You Need
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flake (large flakes are best)
- 1/2 cup slivered raw almonds (or raw almonds, chopped)
- 1/2 cup raw pecan halves
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dried fruit optional
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (162 C).
- Add oats, coconut, almonds, pecans, coconut sugar, and salt to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- To a small saucepan, add coconut oil and maple syrup. Warm over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, whisking frequently until the two are totally combined and there is no visible separation. Add vanilla, whisk once more.
- Immediately pour over the dry ingredients and stir to combine until all oats and nuts are thoroughly coated. Arrange on a parchment-lined large baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and turn the pan around so the other end goes into the oven first (so it bakes evenly).
- To keep this granola chunky, don’t stir during baking, or right after. This will help it form together and create “chunks”, so handle as little as possible!
- Bake 5-7 minutes more, watching carefully as to not let it burn. You’ll know it’s done when the granola is golden brown and very fragrant.
- Let cool completely before enjoying. Add dried fruit to the pan while the granola is cooling (optional). Break into clumps.
- Store in a sealed bag or container at room temperature for 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Pair it with almond or coconut milk, yogurt, and banana!