Black Lemonade Brûlée (BLB)
First appearing on our shop's summer drink menu in 2016, the Black Lemonade Brûlée may or may not be available year-round on our secret menu. We caramelize sugar, add Yeti cold press and reduce it down to a dark, delicious syrup. The syrup joins fresh-squeezed lemon juice and sparkling water and voila, cold press meets lemonade in a sparkly pool of sweet goodness. Likened to the chocolatey center of a tootsie pop, this drink continues to charm and brighten even the rainiest of summer afternoons.
- 2 cups Yeti Cold Press concentrate (easy step-by-step recipe)
- 1.25 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup sparkling water
step 1: prepare cold press reduction
- Add sugar and water to a medium-sized saucepan and heat on high until the mixture boils.
- Continue boiling until the syrup has turned a deep amber color and smells of caramel (a thermometer reading of 325º to be precise), about 15-20 minutes.
- Add cold press concentrate while stirring vigorously (sugar will clump), keep at a boil to reduce the liquid.
- Continue stirring occasionally to break up clumps and reduce until 2 cups of liquid remain (~ 20 minutes).
- Cool slightly on the stovetop, then pour into a glass jar and place in the refrigerator for final cooling.
- Once chilled keep syrup at room temperature and keep for up to 2 weeks.
step 2: prepare drink ingredients
- Juice 1/2 lemon and remove any seeds, the yield should be close to 1/2 fluid ounce.
- Fill a pint glass 2/3 full with ice.
- Measure out 1 1/2 fluid ounces of cold press reduction.
step 3: build the drink
- Pour cold press reduction and lemon juice into the pint glass.
- Top with sparkling water and use a bar spoon to swirl the syrup and juice to incorporate the ingredients.
- Enjoy with a few ginger snaps or lemon cookies!