Alchemy Release No. 2 Recommended Brewing Specifications
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Chemex- 3 cup pot
- 32 grams of coffee to 500 grams of water.
- Rinse filter with boiling water.
- Grind at #7.5 on a standard burr grinder (grind should be the size of kosher salt.)
- Bloom for 30 seconds with 64 g water.
- Pour slowly "drawing" on the surface of the coffee with the water, keeping the bed depth just above the level of the grounds for 1:00 minute, and pour the water all the way to the top of the brew chamber, give it a quick stir, and slowly add the remainder of the water (if necessary). Total brew time should be 4:30.
Pourover/Hario v60 – 1 cup
- 16.0 grams of coffee to 250 grams of water.
- Grind at #5 on a standard burr grinder (grind should be the size of sand coarseness).
- Bloom for 30 seconds with 32 g water.
- Pour to 100g and give a quick stir. Keep bed at this level until 250g water has been poured, stir once more and allow brew to finish, should take 2:30.
Press Pot – 3 cup pot
- 48 grams of coffee to 750 grams of water.
- Grind at No. 9 on a standard burr grinder (grind should be the size of super coarse bread crumbs.)
- Bloom with 100 g water for 30 seconds, pour in remaining water, insert press just below surface of water. Allow to steep for 4:30.
- Fully depress press and immediately decant into mugs/thermos.