Media Info page
Hello! Thanks for checking in!
Peace Coffee is a Minnesota Public Benefit Corporation dedicated to making exceptional-tasting, organic fair-trade coffee that supports the people that grow, roast, and sell it, and preserves and protects the environment that produces it.
Our values include quality, sustainability, community, individuality, and also, transparency so if you cannot find what you need, please contact us directly at 612.870.3440 or email email@example.com.
Background on Peace Coffee
- Peace Coffee was founded in 1996 by the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy (IATP) with the goal of supporting small-scale Mexican coffee farmers in their quest for a fair livelihood.
- Peace Coffee began operations with a surprise shipment 38,000 lbs of fair-trade Mexican coffee beans that were then roasted in the Twin Cities and delivered to customers (mostly food co-ops) by bicycle.
- In 2015, Peace Coffee purchased a total of 734,900 pounds of coffee from a total of 12 countries and 20 small farmer cooperatives and paid nearly $370,000 in fair trade and organic premiums directly to cooperatives.
- Today, Peace Coffee sticks to a strict sourcing policy to ensure that every bean is fair-trade, organic, supports farmers, and the beginning of a delicious cup of coffee.
- Minneapolis-roasted Peace Coffee beans can be found in Twin Cities food co-ops and are also available in local and national grocery chains. We also sell seasonal and signature blends online.
- People can grab a mug of expertly brewed Peace Coffee at our three retail locations, local food co-ops, and restaurants around the Twin Cities.
- In the fall of 2016 Peace Coffee was named by Civil Eats as one of the 10 most sustainable coffee businesses in the United States.
- The MN Bicycle Alliance awarded Peace Coffee the title of 2017 Bicycle Friendly Business Champion for going the extra mile to make Minnesota an even better place to bicycle.